Hair growth challenge | Are any myths true?

Thursday, August 28, 2014


Every girl once in their life wants Rapunzel hair over night and however that isn't possible, I've been doing this hair growth challenge to see if any of these hair growing myths or products claiming to or have been raved about actually work. I started this challenge once I finished the Lee Stafford shampoo, conditioner and wash-out treatment. 
I decided to do this hair growth journey over 6 months, as I wanted to see if these results were consist and like a diet, eating healthy for one month wouldn't make you have a bikini body.  

Without doing anything special my hair grows 1/4 an inch or less a month, so hopefully these products or tips will increase the growth. This post will be a diary of my hair growth journey from March to August, which in turn should give me 1 1/2 inch of growth, even if the products don't work. 

I don't use heat on my hair only for special occasions and in the 6 months I used heat 7 times. I never use a hair dryer, so I let my hair air dry and I did get a haircut in April and August. 

SO LETS SEE THE JOURNEY!!  

March to May
The first three months I took one tub on 300ug Biotin tablets I got from Holland and Barrett, taking a range of one to four tablets each day sometimes forgetting a day. 
                                                                                                                                                              

In three months, my hair would grow 3/4 of an inch but if you see by the results it's grown nearly TWO INCHES and all thanks to biotin, which was last mentioned in this post. This result is already more hair growth I would usually get in six months. 
       
  

May to June

For half of may I started to use the Tesco: Hair, Skin and Nails supplements. I only took them for half the month as I didn't really like taking them but as I still have half a box left I will finish the box after the hair growth journey. As you can see from the images below, even with taking half the box my hair still managed to grow just over an inch in ONE MONTH!


                               
                           

June to August

As of June 27 I started to take the biotin tablets again after repurchasing them to see if I can get the same results or if it was just a one off. I will also be washing my hair with the Mane n Tail shampoo and conditioner to see if this promote growth.

These was the month where a few people I hadn't seen for a few weeks (since May/June) kept asking me how my hair had grown in such. Even my hair dresser asked I got my hair to grow so long since my last hair cut. I had my hair cut in August, where I about 1 inch cut off, as my ends were looking very uneven, however they weren't damaged, so I gone without one but I wanted my hair to appear nicer. 




 My hair length from August 8th (day of hair cut) where I had an inch off!                                                             

RESULTS

OMG it's results day (although you'll be reading this all in one go, whereas I've been updating this behind the scenes since March). So the questions you're all asking:

  • Has my hair grown? 
  • How much has it grown? 
  • What products will I carry on using? 

                                   

My hair has grown nearly 4 inches possibly 5 if I didn't have an inch cut off but even that is amazing as normally in 6 months, it would of grown 1 1/2 inches!! I can't believe how fast my hair has grown in a short amount of time. I've gone from shoulder length hair to below chest in this time. 

Seeing the results from biotin I will defiantly pick up more tubs and will try the 1,000ug to see if the results are even greater in two-three months. I have also picked up some more lee stafford hair growth treatments and leave-in sprays! 
   


Thank you so much for reading my hair growth journey and hope you have found this useful. In October I will post my one year hair growth progress to compare with the results from this blog post.
If you want me to test out any other products that are meant to grow your hair faster, then let me know in the comments below.  

 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. are you happy with Mane n Tail shampoo? where did you get them ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sorry for the late reply :) and to answer your questions, i am really pleased with the Mane n Tail shampoo, they helped increase my hair growth a lot more, which I will post an updated post in a few weeks :) and i got mine from Amazon :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so if you could only use one which one would you suggest, like which did you find gave you the best results by far or would you say they all came out evenly ? i hate taking tablets but if they are better id give it a shot... and I'm thinking of getting the mane n tail set but only if it helps with hair growth or general health of my hair cause i dont need anything for volume, my hairs thick and a little dry after colouring it a few times? :)

      Delete
    2. so if you could only use one which one would you suggest, like which did you find gave you the best results by far or would you say they all came out evenly ? i hate taking tablets but if they are better id give it a shot... and I'm thinking of getting the mane n tail set but only if it helps with hair growth or general health of my hair cause i dont need anything for volume, my hairs thick and a little dry after colouring it a few times? :)

      Delete
    3. Overall I think mane n tail or the lee stafford range worked the best as the growth progress didn't slow down after 2 months, as with the biotin tablets my body started to get used to them. So if you want quick results then the biotin tablets, however if you want fast results that carry on then I recommend the lee stafford range :)

      Delete
  3. Dry hair tends to break, as well as fallout. So if your hair is dry, use a daily moisturizer. When you wash it, use a moisturizing shampoo, and don't forget the conditioner.
    www.herbalarc.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. You shared very good blog love to read that and Biotin is also known as Vitamin H because of its various benefits for the body. However, it is part of Vitamin B. If you suffer from excessive Hair Fall, then you might have a deficiency of Biotin. In that case, you should add Biotin Tablets For Hair Growth, available at Hanacare.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images