First Impressions: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer & Models Own Scented Nail Polish

Sunday, April 07, 2013


From my pervious blog post, you would of known I went on a massive spending spree and as promised, I am now here to review the two makeup products I bought. I know I haven't had these products for long, but I wanted to do one before I forget.

At the moment there's a 3 for 2 deal in boots, so I made the chance on buying some new products. These two new products were the Models Own: scented pastel nail polishes and the Collection lasting perfection concealer.


The Models Own: Scented Nail Polish are perfect for the Spring and Summer seasons. These nail polishes are literally so lovely, the colours are so pigmented compared with some of my barry M nail varnishes I bought a few weeks ago. 

The scented part of the nails, only happens when the nail varnish starts to dry, which you would expect.   The scents are stronger than expected to begin with but do die down after the nail has fully dried.

  • Strawberry Tart (Pink)
  • Banana Split (Yellow) 
  • Apple Pie (Green)
  • Blueberry Muffin (Blue) 
  • Grape Juice (Purple)  
I would say Apple Pie and Grape Juice smell the strongest out of the nails, with banana split and blueberry with a close 2nd. I found the strawberry tart to not really smell, but if you look at the picture belo, it may explain that the strawberry tart has a thinner coat, even though I put 2 layers all on my nails. (I never put more than 2 layers)


Excuse the messiness of my nails, I took this when I just painted my nails. I've had my nails painted for over 24 hours now, and i have to say the quality is so good, for not putting on a top coat. They haven't chipped a bit, even though i've been doing loads of work, which usually makes my nail varnish chip a bit, so I'm quite pleased about this.

You'd think the scent would disappear, when you wash your hands, put hand cream on, or just after a few hours, but I can tell you this as I'm typing this, I can smell the scent sightly, notice I said sightly as you can just about work out what scent it is, bu then I might be able to smell it more, if I painted my nails with the same colour.

Overall I'm so pleased of this purchase and I can't wait to see other nail varnish brands, to bring out their version of scented nail polish. I know these polishes will be my most used polishes this year. This is such a unique product and just a little bit more joy to painting my nails. Definitely a must have product.


I purchased this product because of all the beauty guru's blogs and youtubers, raving about this product and as it was only £4.19 and I needed a new concealer, I thought why not. And OMG this is literally the best concealer ever and I have tried a lot.

The coverage is a medium coverage, which can be built up for those harder to cover areas. The texture is so creamy and doesn't make a dry patches look like a horrible mess.

I will have to see later on in the future if it carries on to live up to the high standard its being given, but wearing it for 3 days and for nearly 14  hours (I know it says 16),  but each time it is still covering up my spots or my under eyes, with good coverage.

Overall this is a brillant product, and for £4.19 it is such a bargin and you'd be mad not to try out this product if you have money to spare.




  Twitter | Instagram Tumblr



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i love all these colours! They are so pretty for spring! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are gorgeous, can't wait to see if they bring out anymore scented nail polishes in the year! x

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images