DIY: Redecorate your bedroom!

Thursday, May 16, 2013


Hola!
I posted a picture on Instagram  earlier of my DIY noticeboard and bracelet holder I made for my room, and a few people asked me how to make it. So heres how I made it. Sorry I don't have pictures of the step by step, as I was using my camera to film my a-level art.

Bunting is made from http://stitchitwithstyle.blogspot.co.uk/

Noticeboard


You will need: 

White strong board (I went for A3)
Ribbon (depending on the board size, with depend on length)
Thick batting material
Buttons
Fabric
Stapler + Staples
Scissors
Needle and Thread

Steps I did:

Lay the batting over the board, leaving 3 to 4" all the around and cut of the excess above the 3 to 4".
Staple the batting to the board at the corners, then all the way round every couple of inches.
Lay fabric over the batting, have 3 to 4" all the way around and cut off the excess.
Staple the fabric over batting at the corners, then all the way round every couple of inches.
Cut enough ribbion strips, depending on how many pockets you want on your board.
Create a criss-cross pattern on the fabric with the ribbons and staple ribbons to the back of the board.
Place sew-on buttions where ribbons cross.
Thread needle through the buttons and sew down, pulling down so the button is attached to the board and ribbon.
Staple excess ribbon to the top back of the board and tie a knot (used to hang on walls).
Insert pictures and messages onto the board.
FINISHED!!

This can be a create gift from friends and family.
Play with different fabrics designs and materials, colored ribbon and buttons. 
It's also a nice decoration piece to anchor a room and set the color and mood.
Make it your own! Project total is about £15!
This is great to display photos, cards or even notes and reminders.            


I got inspired by this video: 

Bracelet/Necklace Holder

You will need: 

Candlestick Holders
Wooden Dowel (I used a bird perch) 
Super Glue or a Hot Glue Gun
Indoor/Outdoor Semi-Gloss White Spray Paint (or whatever colour you want)
Protective spray paint
Wine Cork
Ruler
Beads if wanted

Steps I did: 

If you want to make a necklace holder, you can glue two candlestick holders on top of each other. (see video below) 
Glue the wine cork into the hole of the candlestick holder.
Find the middle of the wooden dowel and glue the centre onto the cork. 
Leave to dry for a a few hours. 
Spray paint the whole items (USING SMALL COATS (3-5) LEAVE TO DRY FOR 10 MINUTES).
Use a protective spray paint once dry. 

If you want to add detail to the accessory holder, use beads at the ends of the wooden dowel and on the candlestick holder. 
Hang all your bracelets and necklaces, on your new accessory holder! 
FINISHED!!

This will be a perfect gift for friends and family. 
This is also suitable for guys as they can hold the watches and glasses on these holders.
Remember to add your own personal touch to go with your home décor color scheme!
If you try this project, send a photo either in the comments below or in my social networks linked below.

Where I found the tutorial:

Hope you enjoy making these great DIYs and if you like these types of posts, please comment below and tell me what else you would like me to make and I will make a step by step guide, with pictures this time! 

  Twitter | Instagram Tumblr

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images