Emily Anna Guest Post: Dealing With Stress and Exams

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Hello Emily’s People!
I’m an Emily too from ‘Emily Anna’s Blog’ which is my blog all about Lifestyle and Fashion, but I also have a YouTube channel which features mostly on Beauty.  I’m a 16 year old girl with a real passion for blogging.
Emily invited me on here to do a guest post, so I decided a good post to do would be all about Stress and Exams.  Now I know exam season is very nearly over, well at-least in the UK, but there are still some exams going on.
If you watch my YouTube videos you’ll know that I suffer badly from stress, and especially in January around GCSE mock period I felt very overwhelmed with my work load and I felt upset a lot of the time.  There were so many emotions going around my head, and I found it so hard to deal with exams, and how I was going to get through two weeks of, well, hell.  Exams are, in my opinion, pointless.  But schools make them compulsory, but don’t worry if I ever rule the world I will somehow get rid of them, or at least make them much less important.
For young teens the feeling of taking between 10-20 exams in the Summer of Year 11 (in England) is very daunting, and I’m going to try and help you deal with stress, and give you some easy tips to try and deal with your stress levels.

No. 1:
Music: this is honestly such an essential for me.  During exam season headphones are a necessity, and I never remove them from my body (well I do or that would be disgusting).  I love listening to acoustic music, as I find it very calming and relaxing, especially a bit of Ed Sheeran or Taylor Swift, but also I like any songs that I have fond memories of, as they remind me of happy days and make me smile, this tends to be Abba for me.

No. 2:
            Sleep: it sounds so stupid, but honestly stress and problems seem so much harder to tackle when you’re tired.  Everything seems much bigger, and also it’s much harder to concentrate and work when you’re shattered, so my solution is simply early nights.  Also if I can’t sleep I like to listen to my music in my duvet with all the lights out.  Trust me it feels good.

No.3:
            Being clean: wow Emily, cleaning yourself?! Really?  But cleaning and staying fresh is a great way to stay calm.  If you’re feeling stressed wash your face or jump in a cold shower or have a bath.  For face washing I love the Neutrogena Range, and for baths, have a look in Lush.

No.4:
            Yoga: slightly controversial, but it can really work.  I quite like yoga if I am feeling really really stressed, and I just need something that is going to really calm down my body.  I like this guy on YouTube, he’s a good one for a really deep yoga sesh.

No.5:
            Reading: and I mean actual books.  Do they even still exist I hear you say? YES, YES THEY DO!!  The internet may have taken over but books do still exist!!! Often going into a fiction world will really help, as it helps you forget your problems for that amount of time.  My faves are the Divergent Trilogy, the Hunger Games Trilogy, and of course the Harry Potter Books.

So there’s my tips you guys!  I really hope you enjoyed this guest post, and I’d love it if you could pop over and give my blog a view?
Many thanks to Emily for having me.
Always, Emily xx


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really hope you enjoyed this post, and I’d love it if you could pop over and give my blog a view of scholarship essay writing help
    Many thanks to Emily for having me.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images